Saturday, April 19, 2014

... aaaand we're back! ... Racial Battle Pets, Ravens, Worgens

OK, we've had our little intermission, now, where is everyone?

Where were we you ask?  Well, one of us had some surgery and a longer-than-expected recovery time and the other, well, ... ... [blushes beet red]  I had a WoW injury!

The arthritis, tendonitis and bursitis in my fighting hand had a little revolt.  I've re-arranged my Wow set-up and we'll see how that goes.  

I always thought that I could walk away from WoW and not miss it.  Wrong!  It seems I'm hooked.  When I was forbidden to use my left arm during recuperation I was chompin' at the bit to get back into the game.  Finally, the day came to log in.

Hmmmm, seems we've run out of play time!  
more money please!

Has it been four months already?  Gosh, time flies when you're havin' fun!

Got SideTracked for a few hours looking at Ravens and Crows, Hunter and Battle Pets.  I do love my pets!  

But, one must attempt to focus occasionally and ... viola! ... 90 days of game time has been added to your account. Your game time will expire July 11, 2014.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, where is everyone and what's next for them to do?

Noritam: is in Outland, looking for a rare Warpstalker Hatchling and leveling.

OK, a second Warpstalker Hatchling!  I seem to recall having found one and killing it instead of trapping it!  I was so excited to find it and so proud of my pets that day.  We were battling pets 3 and 4 levels above us and winning!  So it was a "Take that! you higher level wild beast you! Ha ha ha ha!"  ... ... "Crap!"  "Guys, that was the rare we've been looking for ALL day, we were supposed to trap it, not kill it!"  I seem to recall logging off in disgust and I think that's the last time I was in-game.

On one hand, I'd like to keep my head down and focus on leveling.  I am determined to get her to 90 the "real" way [more on that another time]. On the other hand, while we're here, there's a rare battle pet to find, and some recipes to gather.  One of the last times Nor was logged in she had to grind rep with some lost Draenei to get a certain recipe.  

Last night, in real time, in real life, Vier is out to visit on the farm, and I said that last sentence out loud to her.  She giggled and said "It's amusing to hear "grind rep" come out of your mouth and know that you know what it means!" Pfft!  Kids!

Sushel: is on the Timeless Isle looking for upgrade gear for raiding? 

She's never gonna raid, maybe she should work on her professions. Perhaps farming for the Sapphire Cub and Jade Owl Jewel-crafting Patterns will get me over my fear of Pandaria?  She also has to figure out how Stable Masters work and how to get a Raven Hunter Pet so she's ready when we acquire the raven battle pet.

Seriously, one of the last times we were on the Timeless Isle, Vier was coming shortly behind us, Sushi was supposed to go and get a head start on getting all the goodies that are apparently "everywhere".  When Vier, Heavy and Dahn arrived, Sushi was still at the kite off-load zone.  "Whatchya doin'?"  "Um, I'm a scared to tread outside of this protected area!"  Not something a hunter wants to admit to.

I have to admit, although I love the pets and agility of the hunter class, I'm slow to get into their rapid rotation style of play.  I have trouble setting the Hunter's Mark before doing anything else and by then, it's usually game over!  I admire Vier's agility and elegance with her bow, Sushi just seems a tad heavy and clumsy [sorry Sushe] with her big stomper boots and loud gun.

There is great angst and teeth gnashing in the WoW community over the boosted 90's. But that's a post for another day.  I feel a little rant coming on.

Sushe and I, [pronounced to rhyme with swoosh, Vier calls her sushi as in the food] spent four hours exploring Kalimdor one night.  We didn't intend to, we went looking for certain cooking recipes for Nor, got lost, and ended up exploring most of the Continent!  

We had a bit of excitement as the clock counted down for server maintenance and she had to find one last recipe in Booty Bay.  God I hate Booty Bay!

Saelybrooke: is about to go to Darnassus.  

Should we boost her to 90 so she can work on her professions, which is why we started her in the first place? Or should we level her up the old fashioned way?  Well, Nor first.  Once we get Nor to 90, we'll see what to do with Saely. [rhymes with really] I think a lot will depend on how fast Nor gets there and how close to WoD drop we are.  

For the non-WoW readers:  WoD is Warlords of Dreanor, the next game expansion, due to be released this fall.  When that happens, there will be 10 new levels, the level cap will be 100 not 90, and a whole new geographic area to explore for everyone.  The way I understand it, all the top level players with the best gear right now, will be at the same level as everyone else.  

This is when the hard-core "real" players rush to achieve "World First", "Server First" and other illustrious accomplishments.  And where the thought of boosted-90's "who don't know anything" will "get in the way and ruin our game". [rolls eyes]

The story line is that we're doing a prequel of sorts.  Going back to Draenor-that-was before the Orcs came and wrecked everything.  As this concerns Nor's ancestral lands, I feel pressure to get up to speed on my lore.  So much Warcraft, so little time!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I first composed this blog post in notepad,  twelve hours had gone by and I hadn't even logged into the game yet and my hurt arm was saying "No more Keyboarding Today Thank You".  But, we're definitely back in WoW-mode.  We'll see how the shoulder feels tomorrow and take it from there.

Since then, I have logged into the game, top leveled Nor's fishing skill and been lieberized.  I still haven't posted about defeating Eric Davidson and his spiders, my adventures into add-ons, having completed all the Daily's in Stormwind and moving to Shattrath City.  So much blogging to do, so little time!

Right now I have to go, Kidlet is here and we're going to finalize the specs for my new gaming computer and then get to the crafting homework My Crafting Buddy aka Red Bear left me to do this week.  I'm going to post my notes that I made about Racial Battle Pets, Ravens and Gilneas here so I can find them online in the future.  I'm still not sure on the best way to go about getting a raven battle pet [I've got a thing for ravens].  

'Til next time, 
Nor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes, for the record ... these are all quotes from various webpages, none of these notes are my own text.

Title:  Racial Battle Pets  
Pandaren have access to a Jade Crane Chick regardless of faction chosen, this pet is currently not available through any other means. Most of the other pets listed are available via vendors, i've marked the ones that are not.
Alliance:
Human - Orange Tabby Cat Draenei - Blue Moth
Night Elf - Great Horned Owl Worgen - Gilnean Raven (only on pet trainer)
Dwarf - Snowshoe Rabbit Gnome - Snowshoe Rabbit (same as dwarf)

Horde:
Undead - Undercity Cockroach Tauren - Brown Prairie Dog
Orc - Black Kingsnake Troll - Black Kingsnake (same as orc)
Blood Elf - Golden Dragonhawk Hatchling
Goblin - Shore Crawler (only on pet trainer)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Title:  Gilean Ravens and Worgens ...
Vendor: Will Larsons Zone: Darkshore   Vendor: Audrey Burnhep Zone: Stormwind
***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   
This is only available by creating a Worgen character and then training it at the pet battle trainers. 
Pets are shared account-wide, however, and (at least at the moment) there is no requirement to keep the character that acquired the pet. 
So, as long as you have a free character slot available, you may make the Worgen, buy the pet, and then delete the Worgen while retaining the pet. 
Several other trainer pets (but not all of them) are exclusive in this manner.
The trainer in Stormwind will have this available for Worgen. Specifically visiting the Darkshore trainer is not required. 
Note that this does require you to complete the Worgen introductory scenario. Last edited by Immoovable on 2012/09/26 (Patch 5.0.5)
Worgen, Goblin, and Pandaren are the three races where you have to have a character of that specific race by their pet from the pet trainer.
***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   
If you can, roll a Worgen DK rather than going through the entire baby worgen zone (Gilneas).
  MUCH easier and faster to get through the mandatory quests as you level (55-58 vs 1-13) and your last DK quest takes you straight to SW anyway, where the pet trainer with the raven is.
***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***  
A hunter looking for a hunter pet to match, Upland Raven in Kun-Lai matches perfectly. Great for a worgen or undead theme team!
***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   *** 
For the Horde: if your considering rolling a Worgen DK to acquire the raven but would like to know what that entails:

You have to to complete the starting quests for DK, which is roughly all the quests you encounter up to lvl 58. Around 58 you should get a quest from LK to use the portal to Stormwind (in Ebon Hold) and speak to the King of Stormwind. Once you speak to the King, you can then walk around the block and speak to the pet trainer and learn Gilnean Raven.

For me, from start to finish the process took roughly 2 hours. I imagine that's probably a decent guess for the average player.

That said, in my experience at least, you're looking at about 3 hours of grind time to acquire this pet and lvl it to 25 using the method described.

Hope this helps someone.


***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   *** 
I spoke toAudrey Burnhep when I got mine, but even so, did you notice that when you talk to BP Trainer that there are two options? 
1 option is to trade stones, click the second option which says "Interested in catching some rare pets?" 
If you still dont see it, then you already have the pet or need to submit a ticket for help. Good luck! 
***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   ***   *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment